Most of the master's programs at Heilbronn University have restricted admission. That means there is a selection process. You apply online directly in the HHN application portal. Further information can be found under "Application". 

Study ProgrammeDegreeOrientationLocationLink to the study programm


Master of Science



International Business & Intercultural Management

Master of Arts


Heilbronn Bildungscampus

International Marketing and Communication

Master of Science



Master in Entrepreneurship

Master of Arts


Heilbronn Bildungscampus

Master in Transport und Logistik Management

Master of Science


Heilbronn Bildungscampus

Master in Business Management

Master of Science


Heilbronn Bildungscampus

Medizinische Informatik

Master of Science

Computer Science

Heilbronn Sontheim /

Heidelberg University

Nachhaltige Tourismusentwicklung

Master of Arts


Heilbronn Bildungscampus

Software Engineering

Master of Science

Computer Science

Heilbronn Sontheim

Technical Management

Master of Science


Heilbronn Sontheim

Wirtschaftsinformatik - Digitale Transformation

Master of Science


Heilbronn Bildungscampus

Ein Bildausschnitt von einem Kalender

Application deadlines

Summer term: 15th January
Start of lectures: mid of March

Winter term: 15th July
Start of lectures: end of september

If the end of the application period falls on a Sunday or a public holiday, the application period ends at this day and is not extended. The date of receipt of the application at the university is decisive.
Applications which are submitted after the deadline, or which are incomplete, will not be considered.

Entrance requirements

Language requirements

Most of the Bachelor degree programmes and most of the Master degree programmes at Heilbronn University of Applied Sciences are taught primarily in German. Therefore, international applicants with a non-German university entrance qualification must prove that they have the German language skills required for the respective course of study.

The language ability can be proven by the following examinations:

  • DSH (Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang / German Language Examination for Academic Purposes) - DSH-2 or DSH-3 are required for admission to Heilbronn University,
  • TestDaF(Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache / Test in German as a Foreign Language) - The average result must be at least TDN 4.Please find further information here: Sprachtests or TestDaf
  • Prüfung zur Feststellung der Eignung ausländischer Studienbewerber für die Aufnahme eines Studiums an Hochschulen in der Bundesrepublik Deutschland (at the Center for International Students)
  • Deutsches Sprachdiplom der Kultusministerkonferenz – Stufe II
  • Großes Deutsches Sprachdiplom‘ of Goethe Institut (Goethe certificate C2)
  • Deutsche Sprachprüfung II of the University of Applied Languages Munich
  • telc Deutsch C1 Hochschule; Goethe C1-Zertifikat

The proof that one of the above examinations has been passed must be submitted by the application deadline 15.01./15.07. Otherwise the participation in the selection procedure is not possible.

The above mentioned apply to most of MA programmes. Howevere, there are some exceptions for some programmes, which are listed below.

These programmes are taught and examined completely in English. Therefore, only a proof of English skills is needed. If you are applying to one of these programmes, please check the English language requirements.

For participation in the selection procedure for the following Master's degree programmes

proof of German language proficiency with the overall result DSH-1 or B1.2/2 is sufficient (or comparable tests according to the Framework Regulations for German Language Exams for Studying at German Universities ).

If you are applying for one of the following M.A. programmes:

you must provide evidence of proficiency in English, by means of either one of the following:

  • TOEFL internet based test min. 79 points
  • TOEFL paper based test mind. 550 points
  • IELTS mind. 6.0 overall band score
  • Cambridge CAE (Certificate in Advanced English) min. C

If you are applying for one of the following M.A. programmes with Focus Research: 

you must provide evidence of proficiency in English C1. 

Recognition of certificates

Did you complete your Bachelor not in Germany? So you need the Recognition of your certificates:

The first step in applying to HHN is to get your international certificate of qualification recognized by the Studienkolleg - Center for International Student. Please send your documents to the following address by post. You can not submit the application by e-mail or online.

Center for International Students
Alfred-Wachtel-Str. 8
78462 Konstanz

Please note that the recognition process is free of charge and requires processing time (4-6 weeks). Please take care of the recognition of your certificates as early as possible. The certificate of recognition must be received by HHN by the application deadline (15.01./15.07).

Once you have received the recognition of your certificate, you can start the application process at HHN. The assessment of the certificates is based on the guidelines of the Central office for foreign education ("ZaB").

Applicants for Medical Informatics ("Medizinische Informatik") do not have to send their documents to the Center for International Students in Konstanz. They only have to send their documents to Heilbronn University of Applied Sciences.

For study applications from China, Vietnam, Mongolia or India the original certificate confirming the authenticity of their documents or the original certificate from the "Akademische Prüfstelle" ("APS") must be enclosed.

Tuition fees

The state of Baden-Württemberg has passed a law introducing tuition fees for international students not from EU/EEA countries as well as for second degree students. Newly enrolled international students not from EU/EEA countries have to pay tuition fees of EUR 1,500 per semester.

Costs for living and accommodation are not included in the tuition fees. Additionally to the tuition fees there is also the semester fee (administration, student services and student’s union) of currently EUR 154.00 per semester.

More Information about tuition fees:


Once you have the language- and recognition certifications you can start your application at Heilbronn University by the following steps:

Apply online via eCampus at Heilbronn University.

You can apply for a maximum of 3 related Master's degree programmes - within a cluster. See here.

After you have completed the online application, you have to print or save the document " Application request " from eCampus and submit the signed form with all necessary application documents to Heilbronn University.

You can either send your complete documents by email with PDF attachments to the address

or in paper form to

Heilbronn University of Applied Science
Registration Office
Max-Planck-Strasse 39
D-74081 Heilbronn 

Please note:

- Only attachments in the following file formats are accepted: *jpg, *jpeg, *pdf, *png

- Application documents already submitted by e-mail do not have to be submitted by post as well.

- Please submit certificates and proofs only as simple copies, as they will be shredded after the award procedure has been completed.

Following the below-mentioned link you can check the status of your application at any time. In our information portal you can see if there are missing documents which still have to be submitted.

After the application deadline has passed (15.1./15.7.), Heilbronn University will check which application gets a study place (study place allocation procedure).

Within approximately 2 weeks after the application deadline, a first feedback on eCampus is to be expected - either an admission or rejection with reference to a possible move-up procedure. 

Within the time limit specified in the admission letter, you have to register online on eCampus using the link below.

Then you can submit the enrolment documents in writing or in person at the university.

After enrolment or matriculation, you will then be a student of Heilbronn University of Applied Science.

If you are not present at this time, the enrolment can be carried out by a person authorized by you. In this case, you will need the power of attorney.

health insurance

Please inform your health insurance company that you will study at Heilbronn University. If you are privately insured, you can request confirmation from any statutory health insurance company.
Therefore, you must provide the health insurance company with the sender number of Heilbronn University.

Sender number of Heilbronn University: H0000366

The insurance confirmation will be digitally transmitted from the health insurance company to the university, usually by the next working day. It is no longer necessary for you to send an insurance certificate.

Questions concerning the application process?

If you have any questions considering your application, please contact the corresponding person in the registration office of the study programme you are applying to.

Questions concerning your studies at HHN?

If you are interested and have any general question, please do not hesitate to contact us: