Frequently Asked Questions

The online application form is available each year from mid/end of May.

That depends:

- BA graduation at Heilbronn University: Internal applicants can find information here:

- BA graduation at a German University: An application for the Master's programme is already possible if studies have not yet been finished at the time of application. Please enclose with your application the following form completed by your home university:, „Vorläufige Bachelor-Bescheinigung“

- BA graduation at a Non-German University: Application is only possible with a completely finished First Degree and the corresponding certificate. Preliminary Degree Certificates cannot be taken into consideration for the application to Studienkolleg Konstanz and to our MA Programmes.

Application deadline: each year on July 15th (winter term)

Unfortunately not. The program only starts in the winter semester.

If 50% of your courses (or ECTS) are related to business you are eligible for our Master Programmes. This condition needs to be in place to guarantee the basic knowledge in the courses you are going to take. In case of doubt, please feel free to send us your Bachelor’s Transcript of Records to receive feedback on your eligibility.

In order to have their qualifications validated, applicants have to contact the “Studienkolleg – Center for International Students” in Konstanz. The “Center for International Students” will assess the Bachelor's degree and decide if it meets the requirements for entering a Master's degree programme in Germany. To find out which documents must be submitted, applicants have to contact the “Studienkolleg – Center for International Students” in Konstanz directly. Please note the differing recommended application deadline of the Center for International Students:

1st June for the winter semester

Please have in mind: Applications for one of our Master Programmes can only be considered if all required documents (including the Studienkolleg Certificate) reach Heilbronn University on July 15 at the latest. Please note this is a cut-off date.

It is possible to have your Studienkolleg certificate sent directly to Heilbronn University. To do so, you must contact Studienkolleg Konstanz with a written request that a certificate be sent to Heilbronn University. Contact information for Studienkolleg Konstanz can be found on their website. You should request that the certificate can be sent to the following address:

Heilbronn University
Registration Office
Max-Planck-Straße 39
74081 Heilbronn, Germany

If you were awarded your first degree by a Chinese, Vietnamese or Mongolian institution*, its eligibility must be confirmed by the APS of the German Embassy in Beijing (, Hanoi ( or Ulan Bator ( In addition, please hand in a certification of Studienkolleg Konstanz which states the eligibility of your first degree. Please enclose both confirmations. Be aware that you have to apply for the Studienkolleg Konstanz certificate until 1st June.

*Except Hongkong, Macao and Taiwan.

There is no official date for the publication of the results. Usually students receive notification on the admission status about 8-10 days after the application deadline (July 15th).

It is important to us to assure a high quality of the course, therefore only official TOEFL, IELTS or CAE certificates will be accepted. Previous education or work experience in the English language are not sufficient proof.

In case you wish, TOEFL can send the test results directly to our Academic Department. Please use the code 2751 for this purpose.

Only native speakers are exempt from this English language requirement. Please note: A native speaker is considered to be someone who was raised in Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, UK, USA.

Please understand that we can only accept TOEFL, IELTS and CAE certificates due to our rules and regulations.

Our Master Programmes “International Business & Intercultural Management (MIBIM)” and “International Tourism Management (MITM)” are entirely taught in English. German language skills are not required. Still, if you aim to stay in Germany to do internships or get a permanent work position, German language skills are highly recommended.

Yes, the university offers numerous language courses which are free of charge to our students. Further information can be found here.

- All enrolled students need to pay an administrative fee as a social contribution to the student services each semester. The amount of the current fee can be found here.

- Tuition Fees for non-European students: The State of Baden-Württemberg introduced tuition fees for international students from the winter semester 2017/2018 onwards. The law stipulates that international students are required to pay 1,500 Euros per semester. Please find more information by following this link.

There are various scholarships that provide financial aid to the students of Heilbronn University of Applied Sciences. Information are provided here:

If you are successfully admitted to our Master Programme, Heilbronn University will send you an official letter of admission that will be needed to get a visa. However, all the visa procedures are under the responsibility of the student. We advise international students to contact their local German Consulate as soon as possible to get information and avoid delays.

There are numerous options of accommodation that meet different requirements and expectations. Please see our website “Accommodation: Where to live?