Blocked Account

A blocked account will be required for your visa application as well as the residence permit in Germany, which proves you have sufficient funding to support yourself during your studies. The minimum annual requirement that must be paid into the blocked account is 11,208 Euro, so you can withdraw at least 934 Euro per month. Form of the financial proof needed may vary countries and includes:

> Commitment declaration by a relative (from the German diplomatic mission)

> Documents certifying your parent’s income

> Bank guarantee

> Blocked account

> Scholarship

A German blocked account can be opened at Deutsche Bank. There might be other financial institutions accepted by the German Mission in your country.