Heilbronn University of Applied Sciences

Application and admission

Admission requirements

School-leaving records from your home country (Bachelor, GCE-A-level, Baccalaureat, Matura, High School Diploma, etc.) need to be accredited by Studienkolleg Konstanz.

All copies of the required documents have to be officially certified in Germany. If your certificates have not been issued in French, English or German, they also have to be translated. In order enrol in a study programme taught in German you need to take a language test (usually DSH or TestDaF). To pass the test you need a B2/C1 level of German.

If you want apply for one of the Master's programmes taught in English, you will not need proof of your German skills but you will need to take a language test for English (IELTS or TOEFL). Please check the entry requirements of each Master`s course.

How to apply

1. Starting with the application period for the winter term 18/19, you will need to register at hochschulstart.de first when applying for one of HHN´s Bachelor`s programmes.

2. Additionally, you will need to apply online at the HHN website, print out the application and send the paper version via regular  mail to HHN.

3. If you receive an offer of admission, you will need to accept the offer at hochschulstart.de. After the offer has been accepted, you will receive a notification of admission.

The application deadline for the summer term is January 15th, for the winter term it is July 15th. Courses start either in mid-March or in September/beginning of October.

Please attach officially certified copies of the following documents to your application:

  • School-leaving records from your home country
  • The validation of the certificate (issued by Studienkolleg Konstanz)
  • Proof of your German language proficiency  / English language proficiency
  • For Master's programmes:

    • Certificate of your Bachelor’s degree and an authorized translation of this degree into German

    • Be aware that for some Master´s programmes you will need translated documentation of your work experience in the relative field

In addition, you will need to hand in the following documents:

Please make sure that you meet the exact requirements of the program you have chosen. You will find the statutes of all study programmes here.

Also, please check the HHN website regarding what other documents must be submitted along with your application as some programmes have additional requirements.

In order to enrol in a German university, you need adequate health insurance.

    Will the enrolment in university affect my residence permit?

    There is no connection between your request for asylum/your permit of residence and your studies. But it is absolutely necessary to contact the Foreign Affairs Office (Ausländerbehörde), in many cases also the social security department (Sozialamt), before you enrol.