Heilbronn University of Applied Sciences

Application and admission

Admission requirements

School-leaving records from your home country (Bachelor, GCE-A-level, Baccalaureat, Matura, High School Diploma, etc.) need to be accredited by the Studienkolleg in Konstanz.

All copies of documents have to be officially certified in Germany. If your certificates have not been issued in French, English or German, they also have to be translated. In order enrol in a study programme held in German language you need to take a language test (DSH or TestDaF). To pass the test you need a B2/C1 level of German.

If you want apply for one of the Master programmes taught in English language, you need the accreditation of your documents by uni-assist e.V.
You will not need proof of your German skills for these programmes, but a language test for English (IELTS or Toefl) depending on the entry requirements of each Master course.

How to apply

You need to register online, print out the registration and send the paper version via regular mail. Please register as early as possible. The application deadline for the summer term is January 15th, for the winter term it is July 15th. Courses start either in mid-March or in September/beginning of October.

Please attach officially certified copies of the following documents

  • School-leaving records from your home country
  • The validation of this certificate (issued by uni-assist or the Studienkolleg)
  • Proof of your German language exam/English language exam
  • The certificate of the study orientation test
  • CV
  • For Master programmes
    • certificate of your Bachelor’s degree and an authorized translation of this degree into German
    • In some Master programmes you will need a documentation of your working experience in the field
Please make sure that you meet the exact requirements of the program you have chosen. You will find the statutes of all study programmes here.

In order to enrol in a German university, you need adequate health insurance.

        Will the enrolment in university affect my residence permit?

        There is no connection between your request for asylum/your permit of residence and your studies. But it is absolutely necessary to contact the Foreign Affairs Office (Ausländerbehörde), in many cases also the social security department (Sozialamt), before you enrol.