Heilbronn University of Applied Sciences

Funding and student life

Costs and sources of finance

At the moment, the fee is 142.50€ per semester. Aditionally there are tuition fees for international students in Baden Württemberg. You will find information on exceptions for refugees here.

In order to finance your studies you have several possibilities: You can either apply for BAföG and/or a scholarship or find a student job. If you plan to work during your studies it is important to check the regulations in your residence permit.


BAföG is a state-funded financial aid programme. If you are a recognised refugee (i.e. as entitled to asylum, granted refugee status or subsidiary protection), you can apply for BAföG irrespective of how long you have already been in Germany. Asylum seekers who are waiting for legal recognition can only apply under certain circumstances. You will find further information here. The counsellors of the BAföG-Beratung will help you to find out whether you might be eligible to apply for BAföG. 


There are different scholarships many of which refugees can apply for after they are enrolled in a German University. An overview of all possibilites is availabe here. You can find further information concerning scholarships on the following websites:

Additionally, there are different scholarship programmes specifically for refugees:

Where can I live?

There are several possibilities to find an inexpensive accomodation

There are several private offers of student housing in Heilbronn. You will find further information here.