International Business & Intercultural Management (M.A.)

Information for Applicants with non-German Degree

Applicants holding a first degree awarded by a non-German institution must prove that their Bachelor's degree is equivalent to a German first degree before applying to Heilbronn University. This means they have to apply twice: first to the Studienkolleg Konstanz and then to Heilbronn University directly.

1. First step: Application to the Center for International Students

In order to have the qualifications validated, applicants have to contact the Studienkolleg – Center for International Students in Konstanz.

The Center for International Students will assess their Bachelor's degree and decide if it meets the requirements for entering a Master's degree programme in Germany.

All relevant information is available on the website of the Center for International Students.

Postal address:

Center for International Students

Brauneggerstr. 55

78462 Konstanz


The Center for International Students will confirm the recognition of the foreign degree with a paper of validation which must be sent together with the appropriate application to Heilbronn University.

Please note the differing application deadlines of the Center for International Students:

1st May for the winter semester

Applications can only be considered if all required documents (including the certification of the Studienkolleg Konstanz) reached Heilbronn University on the due date (July 15). Please note that these are cut-off periods.

In addition to the paper of validation of the foreign degree, if you were awarded your first degree by a Chinese*, Vietnamese or Mongolian institution, its eligibility must be confirmed by the APS of the German Embassy in Beijing (, Hanoi ( or Ulan Bator (

*Except Hongkong, Macao and Taiwan.

2. Second step: Application to Heilbronn University

As well as applying for the paper of validation via Studienkolleg Konstanz, each study applicant has to apply directly to Heilbronn University before July 15 and submit the paper of validation of the foreign degree to Heilbronn University along with all other required application documents.